Nanopositioning Equipment & Piezo Technologies
for Industrial, OEM & Research Applications
About PI USA
Follow PI on Twitter
Nanopositioning Scanning Stages
Hexapod 6-Axis Motion Control Systems
Nanopositioning, Nano-Motion Control, NanoAutomation®, Piezo Technology
PI's precision positioners (piezoelectric and motorized) are available in many different configurations from actuators to 6 degrees of freedom complex alignment systems. A variety of different drive principles (linear motors, classical motors, screw drives, voice coil drives, etc.) is also offered. PI ultra-high precision motion control & nanopositioning solutions have helped leading companies in in fields as diverse as semiconductors, microscopy, telecom, photonics, data storage precision machining & tooling, and other markets to achieve Nanometer Precision Faster.
- Piezo Systems for Super Resolution Microscopy
- NanoAutomation:®How to Achieve NanoPrecision ... Faster?
- Low-Inertia Flexure Nanopositioners
- Eliminate Settling Delays
- Micropositioning Solutions/Hexapods
- Piezo Actuators
- PZT Ceramics
- Photonics Alignment Engines
- Capacitance Displacement Sensors
- Reliability Study of Piezo Actuators Presented at EUSPEN
- White Paper: Active Vibration Cancellation
- Nanotech Paper: Complex 3D-Nano Patterns with Indentation Lithography and Piezo Technology
- Fast Laser Autofocus
- Hexpod in Biomechanical Dental Application
- Piezoelectric motors and micro-dispensers for medical and industrial applications.
- Piezo Motor in Optical Coherence Tomopgraphy
- Medical Design Applications based on PI Technology
- Piezo Motors Streamlining Medical Design
- White Paper Increasing Imaging Resolution with Pixel Substepping
- White Paper: Design of Miniature Piezo Motors
NEW PI Products
PInano™ particle Tracking Microscope Stages are the fastest multi-axis piezo stages for high resolution microscopy. Available in XY and XYZ.
The M-811 Miniature Hexapod 6-axis positioner combines high precision, high force, and very compact dimesions, ideal for use in small vacuum chambers.
M-663 stages are based on patented, ultrasonic P-661 piezo motor drive developed by PI; the miniature drive can provide accelerations of up to 10 g and velocities to 400 mm/s. Self-locking at rest for high positional stability
Now Available in X, XY, Z, XYZ
- Travel to 1800 µm
- Compact Design
- Resolution <1 nm
- Up to 0.02% Position Accuracy
- Vacuum-Compatible Versions
PICMA® High-Performance Monolithic Multilayer Piezo Actuators (LVPZT): Work up to 150 deg C. Ceramic insulation (a worldwide first). Ideal for extreme conditions (high temperature, high humidity, vacuum, etc.) Zero outgassing (no polymer insulation).
S-334 Ultra-Long-Range 2-Axis Piezoelectric PZT Fast Steering Mirror:
- Award-Winning Multilayer Piezo Technology
- Low Operating Voltage
- Superior Lifetime Even Under Extreme Conditions
- Excellent Temperature Stability
- High Stiffness
- UHV Compatible to 10-9 hPa
- Sub-Millisecond Response & Sub-Nanometer Resolution
- Optical Deflection to 100 mrad (~6°)
- 1.0 kHz Resonant Frequency with Mirror
- Closed-Loop for Higher Linearity
- 2 Fixed Orthogonal Axes with a Common Pivot Point
- Excellent Temperature Stability
- Precision Flexure Guides
PicoCube SPM & AFM Piezo Stage / Scanner:
P-363 is the smallest, highest precision closed-loop XYZ piezo scanner for AFM, SPM, nanotechnology, nanomanipulation.
Products for Optics Algnment and Optical Telecommunications
- Resonant Frequency 9.8 kHz
- Ultra-High-Precision Capacitive Feedback
- Parallel-Motion Metrology for Highest Linearity and Stability
- 50 Picometers Resolution
- 5 x 5 x 5 µm Travel Range
- Piezo Scanner for AFM Catalog
PI offers a great selection of automated optical alignment systemsand beam steering platforms for freespace optical telecommunication. Our positioning systems and components have helped many customers to improve performance and manufacturing throughput of various optical components.
Technotes on Automated Optical Alignment, Photonics Packaging and Imaging
Space Technology for NanoTech: Eliminate Settling Delays
Developed for the space station, Input Shaping® technology is now available for the NanoWorld: The exclusive Mach™ Throughput Processor™ eliminates resonant ringing in high-speed Nanopositioning systems, allowing rapid motion without a settling phase. This technique also eliminates resonances excited in neighboring components, outside the nanopositioning system's servo loop. The result is significantly increased throughput.
PZT Nano-Positioning Stages (Piezo Systems)
Hexapod 6-Axis Stage in motion,
PIHera® Long Travel Piezo Scanning Stage in Motion (up to 1800 µm travel)
M-664 low profile piezo motor stage
Small Hexapod, Standard & Vacuum Compatible
Ultrasonic linear shaft motor for automation
PICMA® Multilayer Piezo Stack Actuators.
Low Cost Digital Nanopositioning Controller
High Speed Particle Tracking Stage for Microscopes
Fast Piezo Tip/Tilt Steering Mirror,
Long Scanning Range,
PicoCube®, high-performance piezo pico-positioning and scanning
Automatic Optical Alignment Systems (Fiber / Device Alignment & Packaging)
The exclusive Mach™ Throughput
Processor™ eliminates resonant ringing,
allowing rapid motion without a settling phase.
Animated 3D Mode Shape of a Rotary
Ultrasonic PZT Motor,
© 1996-2004 All Rights Reserved. Specifications subject to change without notice.
· Piezo Actuators and Systems for High Tech Applications · Find the Nearest PI Office · Piezoelectric Materials · Capacitance Sensors · Vibration Elimination · Flexure Nano Positioning Stages · Micropositioning Precision Actuator · Nanopositioners · Parallel Kinematics · Piezo Nano-Transducers · Low Inertia Hexapod · Low Inertia Hexapod · Mach Throughput Coprocessor· Flexure Stages · Hexapod · piezostage, piezo-stages · linear-actuator, linear actuators Piezo Stage Capacitance_Gauge.pdf Piezo-Stage Linear Slide· Piezo Stage Controller · Flexure Nano Positioning Stages · PIFOC® Piezo-Z Focus Scanner · Ultrasonic Piezo Motors · Multilayer Piezo Patent